Saturday, December 8, 2007

Oh! Christmas tree

It's starting to look a lot like Christmas...

today we went in search for the perfect Christmas Tree. This is one of my favorite parts of the season.

Growing up my parents owned a live Christmas tree lot, M&R Farms (M&R being my parents initials). This is where I spent most of my winter breaks. I remember asking my dad if we could please please please have a petting zoo at the 'farm'. I promised that I would take care of all the animals. My dad brought our chickens there. Not quite what I had in mind. This time of the year I was always surrounded by kids and parents alike darting and weaving through the rows of trees, exclaiming their joy once they found the perfect one! Christmas music was always blaring, flock machines going and mistletoe hanging and you can't forget that sweet smell... the sweet smell of Evergreen!

I know I married the right guy... Morgan came with gloves, a knife and patients. This year we did pretty good we found 'the one' in about
15-20 min.

Anaya was a trooper and LOVED every minute of it!

Here is the winner...

Today was so special.