Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Halloween

I always had this vision in my head (even before havin' a kid), how wonderful it would be to create my child's Halloween costume, every year.
then reality set in.

3 Halloween's later, I faced the challenge head on...

Anaya wanted to be a BUTTERFLY!


Can you believe?? I did it!! I really did it!! I MADE Anaya's Halloween costume!!


As soon as she was set on what she wanted to be. Her and I went down to the library to research all the possibilities. We came across a beautiful picture book of every kind of butterfly and moth imaginable. Anaya scanned through and chose to be a 'peacock' butterfly.

I took metal hangers and shaped them into wings. Black tights stretched over the skeleton. Hand painted and glittered them up.

I learned how to make a no-sew tutu.


black pipe cleaners for the antennas.

what a great Halloween this was!

~ trick-or-treat ~